Thursday, June 18, 2009

Organize Your Thoughts

I can remember the very first book that I wrote. Ebony Marshal was a labor of love, but if I had it to do over again I would have followed what I have learned now. Organize your thoughts. In front of the computer, Ebony Marshal's first three chapters jumped out of my subconsciousness faster than I could pound the keys. There it was though. But the main question was where did I take it from there. I am still happy with the product that was eventually produced, but I would have taken more time to figure out what I would do with the character once the first book was over, because I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I wanted to write about this character over and over.

You can believe that when you see the Marshal once again that there will be a long thought process that it has gone through, and every decision hammered out with the hammer of Thor himself. It will be smooth, solid, and the most important thing-organized.

No comments:

Post a Comment